Laura Norci: certified counsellor, life and career coach.
I use talk-therapy to help clients deal with emotions and improve their well-being. I strive to create a warm environment in which I can help the client, with kindness and without judgement.
A life and career coach has the training for dealing both with personal problems and with career problems. In either case a coach empowers people to reach their goals by helping with
- achieve clarity of objectives
- helping in dividing the main goal in small achievable ones
- developing more successful strategies
- more effective approach if personal life and career are entangled
I follow a Person-Centered or Humanistic Approach. Click here to read more about Person-Centered counselling.
Normally sessions can be in person or via Skype; in English or Italian. (Skype sessions are also possible outside working hours.)
Update Covid-19 measures: following national guidelines sessions in person are again possible. Every precaution will be taken to provide a safe environment. Free intake sessions are offered only online or by telephone.
My training as a counsellor and as researcher in physics may seem like an odd combination. However I offer clients a unique perspective, having experience both with rigorous scientific reasoning and with a more intuitive approach to our “self”.
With this background, I can provide you with:
- deep listening, offering empathy and acceptance
- personal experience with the challenges of competitive careers
- a deep knowledge of the world of research and education
- personal experience with career change
- personal experience in areas such as family, careers, cultural integration, especially for international professionals
- help with public speaking skills
- analytical and logical skills
- rigorous ethical standards and professionality
I studied Physics and Astronomy. I worked as a teacher and as a researcher and lecturer. I have been group manager, student tutor, and mentor.
I have worked as a researcher in Italy, Germany, and in the Republic of Ireland.
I am certified as an Integrative and Career Counsellor and Coach (Person-Centred Approach) at the Academie voor Counselling en Coaching (CrKBO¹ registered Training School), and have a Doctorate Degree in Physics.
¹Central Register Short Vocational Education